Friday, July 30, 2010

guest teacher anyone???

I was able to take a class with the awesome Donna Downey. There was one spot left for her class that someone did not show up for and guess what???? I was next in line. It was a wonderful class taught by her. And you all know that I love love love Prima. I know I love Tim also but Prima is my love also. We decorated a canvas camera case to hold our camera in. I was able to talk to her manager aka her husband and he was sooo interested in coming to SA. How about her coming to Sa???? Who would love to take a class or two or three from the awesome DONNA DOWNEY??? Give my your feed back.
We have made it home and I am here at work today and tonight. Come see me. I am hoping to have pictures for you all to see tonight.

12 comments:

Shay said...

Count me in. I have heard raves about her classes and I have admired her and her work for a while now.

Tinka said...

I took 2 classes taught by Donna Downey at CKU-Houston in 2006. She is a fabulous teacher and very friendly, open, and fun. I'd love to take another class from her since she has moved from straight scrapbooking to her more artsy style.

Donna said...

I'll be there!
Donna

Linda said...

It's always fab to have visiting instructors! Let's Donna down here!

(Love the SB911 instructors too!)

Penci said...

Count me in....would LOVE to take some classes from Donna Downey! I love her art journals she does on her blog.

Sara said...

I would!

Picture This said...

Lucky you to get into her PRIMA class...I took the class on Tuesday with the canvas page...awesome.

It was nice to meet you and chat with you in line. Maybe I will make it to Texas some day.

DawnW

Bec_Kilgore said...

I took classes with her about 4 years ago at Crop, Paper, Scissors in Waco. I had a fabulous time. She has grown so much as an artist since then. I would definitely love to attend classes with her again.

Robin said...

TOTALLY!!! Wonder if she'll visit before Tim does?!!!! LOLOL!!!

mom2waddel said...

I would love to take a class from hre. How fun would that be?

Heather said...

Me. Me. Me. I've been begging to take a class with her at 911. SO when ever the classes are, sign me up!

YayaOrchid said...

I was actually at your store last Thursday and I love it! You have a super duper nice and helpful employee. Wish I had gotten her name, but she's blonde with long hair in a pony tail. Very friendly gal. Hoping next time I visit you have more of Tim's stamps.