Tuesday, April 24, 2007

COMIN ATCHYA FROM HOLLYWOOD, BABY!

Ok...so it's not THE Hollywood, but it is Hollywood, Florida. And it is GORGEOUS here! Basically we're right in Fort Lauderdale and only a few more minutes from Miami. Never been to this part of Florida...have you? It's very pretty and the ocean is intoxicating! I am heading out there in just a few minutes to get some pictures. But this is the view from our room...





Not too shabby, eh? While my husband is in meetings all day, I plan to have some fun in the sun, put my feet in the sand...oh and SCRAPBOOK! Yes, this is like a mini scrapbook retreat for me. I don't have any little monkeys running around me and no fights to break up. I have to give a big shout out to Granny Nanny and Mama Bear (aka: my mom and my auntie from Canada). I hope and pray that they aren't regretting their offer to come and babysit for us!! Thank you for helping us!!

So I decided to work on those cute Heidi Swapp Playing Cards. Did you all get some of those? For now, I'm doing very random things...no theme to mine yet. Here's a sneak peak for you girls...I will show more pics when I get more done.





And here is my workspace...thought I'd throw it in for fun...




You can't see most of my stuff...I've put it all away in the drawers so the cleaning lady won't get too freaked out by all my stuff!

Ok...before I say goodbye for now...have you all left a comment for the$25 gift certificate contest? I'm so proud of you girls from the last post...I saw some new names, too! Stay tuned...I'm off to the beach (I know you're all hating me right now!!)

7 comments:

kkkkatie said...

Great job with the playing cards. Very cute. Have fun in FLA. Its going to rain here in SA

Tammy said...

Okay I'm a bit jealous that you didnt invite all the girls from scrapbook 911 to come to the beach with you!! Woohoo... looks gorgeous... LOVE YOUR CARDS!! You're so creative!
By the way, you have been tagged! You have to look at my blog to see what that means!

Jennifer said...

Have a great time at the beach. Enjoy the quiet and have fun creating!!!
Be Blessed.

Lal said...

WOW! That water IS gorgeous!! We have water here too right now...only its falling from the sky and is bringing wind and scary thunder with it...eeeekkk..I don't like thunderstorms..at least not when I'm home alone with the kids!! How nice to have a little vacation in such a beautiful place! Love your cards!! Do you cover both the backs and fronts? Great job on them!! Can't wait to see more! Have fun in FLA!! See ya soon!! :)

Jennifer C said...

You lucky girl! That water is beautiful! This California girl is jealous...I haven't seen the ocean in years. :) The playing cards are darling. Enjoy your time away. See you soon!
Jenn C

Manthaanne said...

Oh my GOSH I am so sick! Wish I was there to hang out at the beach with you! Have fun nscrapbooking - I can't wait to see what you make!

Diane said...

I was wondering what to do with those playing cards....any ideas how to incorporate them on a page without altering them and not using a gambling theme????? Challenge :0)