Saturday, March 3, 2007

HAPPY SATURDAY...

This might get long...I have a lot to cover, so hang in there!! I love springtime. I get happy thinking about it. Even in a state that doesn't get too cold during the winter months. I was at Target the other day and saw these cute flower garland things.
Aren't they the cutest? I knew right away that I wouldn't actually use them as home decor...I could see the potential in them for scrapbooking!!!! I knew I could snip the green ends off and slap them right down onto any layout. And at $7.99 (you get 8 flowers), that's normal for most floral embellishments in any craft/scrapbook store. If you are interested, they are in the Easter section. You'll see some cute butterflies and also garland that says...EASTER. Target just knows how to get us to buy everything, don't they?

Here is a little sample that I made for the store using one of the above flowers...

In my last post I told you about the RAK we're doing. One of the questions was...What is your favorite embellishment? Ok...here goes. I am going to admit that I have a slightly obsessive peronality. How would you know? Check out my stash of BUTTONS and FLOWERS (my two favorite embellies right now). Let me quickly say that my button jar is a 1-gallon size jar and the flowers are in a big cookie jar.

I have to admit I'll probably never use all of those buttons, but they are so darn cute!! I can honestly say I have more, too, just didn't want to mix them in that big thing.
You guys must get in to the store soon. All sorts of goodies arrived over the week and just yesterday when I popped in, they had just gotten some Creative Imagination goodies. Pazzill (patterned cardstock!), big chipboard letters, etc. The Love Struck Collection is back and just as beautiful.
And great stuff from Cosmo Cricket like...Buck Naked Buttons and More, Buck Naked Lacing Cards (if you go in to the store, you'll see my sample), and Buck Naked Alpha Buttons. These are fun!! Plus the Dutch Girl and Halfway Cafe paper lines are in - yummy!!
You should know that the Bazzill Bling Cardstock arrived a few days ago and has been flying out the door. Grab some before it is completely OUT. Here's a pic...

This is what the Basic Grey looked like a few days ago. If you haven't been in yet to see for yourself, there might be a few sheets left :-) It really is so fun and whimsical.
Check out all of the Reminisce goodness - Camping, Hunting, Sports Chick, Music, Shamrock, Band paper & cardstock stickers

Some more good stuff coming your way...TIM HOLTZ is coming to teach this June. You need to take one or all of his classes if you can. He is an awesome dude, I tell you. He's just darling, too!! He is so talented and we are so lucky to have him coming to 911. Check out all of his classes and call today to sign up. Spots are going quickly.
Saturday – June 2nd, 2007 (maximum 35 students)
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Designing with Dabbers"($55) 9:00am-11:30am *includes all
supplies (2 ½ hours)
Thought you knew everything there is to know about paint? Well let your inner artist take control as you learn to paint outside the lines so to speak. Learn techniques using these innovative paint dabbers on papers, chipboard, transparencies and more. This isn’t your ordinary craft paint, see how these dabber paints work with other products you probably already own – we’ll put it all together in a technique tag book. Prepare to paint the town, well your projects anyways…
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Words and Windows"($55) 1:00pm-3:30pm *includes
all supplies (2 ½ hours)
Layer your thoughts, words, and vintage images behind windows of mica in this folded accordion book. Discover the many uses for Distress Inks and distressables and doo-dads to create a dimensional journal. Tuck mini folders, slide mounts, tags and more in this treasured little book. Explore the possibilities…
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Pseudo Dichro"($65) 5:00pm-8:00pm *includes
all supplies (3 hours)
Do you like the look of dichro glass, but don't have a kiln? Then this class is for you - experience the unlimited colors of faux dichroic using tumbled glass, embossing powders, the Melting Pot, and a few surprises. You will learn techniques on layering embossing powders, creating custom colors of powders, wire working, and assemblage to achieve an incredible look that will rival any real dichro. Create these colorful glass pieces to use as jewelry or in your artwork…
------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday – June 3rd, 2007 (maximum 35 students)
---------------------------------------------
"Mystery Class???"($65) 10:00am-1:00pm *includes all supplies
(3 hours $55)
We all like a little mystery in our lives right? In this workshop you really don’t know what I’ll be teaching and chances are, I don’t know right now either. But one thing’s for sure, it will be a creative journey using the latest and greatest products! Because new products are coming out all the time, there is no way to put this class into words. Does your creativity need a little recharge? Feeling the need to think a bit more outside the box? Then what are you waiting for – explore the unknown…
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Elements of the Creative Mind"($105) 2:30pm-6:30pm *includes all
supplies
(4 hours)
Capture your thoughts and artistic visions in this dimensional mixed media illuminated shadow box. Explore the techniques and possibilities of working with pearlescent acrylics, beeswax, colorful dyes, and stamped images. Discover innovative uses for found objects, vintage ephemera, and various hardware in this encased work of art showcasing your artistic expressions. Unleash your inner voice and unlock the secrets to the elements of your creative mind…
Or call 911 for more info.
If you are still with me...congrats to you. RAK Reminder...there is still time to comment on the last post. I will pick a winner on Tuesday. Good Luck. Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

LOVE those flowers and look at all of the new stuff at 911, too fun! I need to get in there soon before it's all gone. Thanks for the info on Tim's classes, they ALL sound great!!

Manthaanne said...

I wish I could take Tim's classes! : ( I was so excited to hear he was coming...but we will be in South Padre.